Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Day At The US Post Office!

You know it's bad enough when you go into a supermarket and you cannot understand what the cashier is telling you, but the Post Office? I went got to the post office at 11:30am today and the line was out the door, I almost forgot about this issue I have too...why do we have a huge Post Office with 10 windows, and only 4 employees working at four windows? That bugs me! Ok, now back to the line...so I wait in this line for 25 mins only to be called up to the window by "Han", yes this was actually the name on his name tag....let me also preface by saying in no way am I prejudice AT ALL, I truly believe in equal rights for all... but when I go to a United States Of America Office, such as the Post Office, I believe that the person helping me should speak and understand English...PERFECTLY! Can you see where this is going yet? Yes, Han was a friendly person, however, I am betting when he's not working at the Post Office, he is a waiter at (insert your favorite chinese buffett here). So I tell Han I need to send this package to my mom overnight will it be delivered tomorrow for Mother's Day, he replies , "Yes, Express mail gets delivered 7 days a week", so I fill out the label and he says it's $16.25, I said OK, he says " Would you like to buy any stamps", I say yes I'll take one book of forever stamps,and also I would like to pay for my PO box, he said " Oh very good because the rates are going up on Monday", I said oh really? how much are they going up to, he says, "What", I say the PO box, He laughs and says "yes, you can pay now", I again say how much are the rates going up to, his reply... "We close at 12:30 today"... Can you see why I am getting frustrated here yet? So I ask again, how much are the PO boxes going up on Monday, his next reply, "yes we deriver express mail 7 days a week", If I wanted this not understanding crap I could have called American Express and talked to someone in New Delhi and gotten the same answers! At this point I hand him my credit card and just tell him to pay for my PO box, and teh stamps and the express mail, wait till you hear his next reply..." Oh cut off time has passed for express mail" I said WHAT? He said " Package will be derivered on Monday, unless I want to pay $12.50 extra to DERIVER, (thats what he said) tomorrow" I said, you just told me it can be delivered tomorrow, to which he laughs and says "let me talk to my supervisor".... so here I am now at his window 25 minutes already and people are laughing in the line because they can hear this entire conversation we are having, one lady says to me, and they call this America! Then the supervisor comes over and even he didn't understand what his clerk was telling him and asked me what I needed, so I explain it all to him and he informs me that we missed the cutoff time, because the clerk didnt put it in the system ontime and it can be delivered on Monday only! This was 35 minutes of my life I will never get back, and my mom won't get her mothers day present from me until the day after mothers day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea WTF is happening to this country????