Saturday, July 26, 2008

Whats the deal?

So I head over the grocery store and get stopped at the entrance by two guys selling tootsie rolls to benefit disabled folks... I go to Walmart there are a few kids at the entrance stopping me to give money for homeless children, I go to get gas as I am pumping the gas a lady walks up to me and asks for money! WTF???
This stuff is out of control! Why do these business allow these people to panhandle in front of their business? Its bad enough they have the self checkout lanes where they expect me to not only pay their over inflated prices, but then I have to ring up my own items and bag them too AND then get the "please help us sir" routine upon entry and again when I leave the store too!
Now please don't get me wrong, I would love to help out everyone of these so called organizations and groups...(how do we even know which is legit and which is not?)but it will have to wait till I win the lottery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounding cranky today. I suppose you forgot the lesson your mom taught you when you were young about compassion for those less fortunate and about social responsibility etc etc etc. I know I get annoyed when harrassed for money on causes I am not personally affects by, especially when carting my oldest now 7into a store because he has Cerebral Palsy epilepsy and autism and Iusually have my hands full. Then I try to put myself in their shoes,and think that as bad off as I tell myself that I am, things could be so much worse. Then I take stock in what I do have including friends (even you Mr. Crabby) and family and that I was born in a great country and time .